No long story on this one, this is how to make the best Chocolate Brownies ever, and guess what! it is very simple.
Just look at this absolute “fudginess”
One thing is important, make sure you use premium and fresh ingredients : Full-fat unsalted butter, large fresh eggs, pure vanilla extract and sifted flour. Pre-measure all the ingredients out before your start.
I have the Ingredients table and step by step instructions as well as a video tutorial showing how this is made.
The Brownie batter
One tip for getting a cracked top is bringing the Brownie out of the oven after 25mins and slightly dropping it on a flat surface 3 to 4 times. This deflates the batter and cracks the top. After this process, return back to the oven to bake for another 20 to 25mins.
Once baked and cooled, cut into 18 square cuts with a knife and serve.
A light dusting of Cocoa powder also adds to the taste and look of the finished Brownies.
Place in a box and store left overs in the fridge for up to 5days.
Happy baking guys
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- 280 grams Unsalted Butter
- 225 grams Dark Chocolate
- 128 grams Flour
- 75 grams Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Instant Coffee
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Salt
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9x9-inch pan with softened butter, then line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on all sides.
- If you got Chocolate bars, choped them into pieces 1st, if chocolate chips, no need to chop. Combine the chocolate, and coffee in a heatproof glass bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter to a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until the butter just comes to a vigorous simmer, about 5 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally. Once melted, pour while still hot butter over the chocolate mixture and let sit for about 1 minute then hisk until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted, then add in the cocoa powder and mix till combined.
- Crack all the eggs in a large bowl. Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt ina seperate bowl and begin to add in the eggs one at a time and beating with an electric hand mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, Mix for about 10mins * This is very important. The batter will now look like pancake mix.
- With the mixer on, pour in the slightly cooled chocolate and butter mixture and blend until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and use a rubber spatula to gently fold until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake until lightly puffed on top, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven using oven mitts or kitchen towels, lightly drop the pan on a flat surface 3-4 times until the brownies deflates slightly.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the brownies comes out fudgy but the edges look cooked through, about 25 minutes more.Note that if you use a tester to check for the doneness of your brownie, the tester will still come out stained.
- Set the brownies on a cooling rack and cool completely in the pan. Use the parchment paper to lift the cooled brownies out of the pan.
- Cut into 18 bars and serve plainly or with ice-cream.